Presenting to you the health benefits of CBD for senior citizens. You might to surprised to know that there is much to gain from the proper use of CBD.
Know the health benefits of CBD for senior citizens –
Can CBD improve the health of seniors?
The people most affected by severe health conditions are the senior citizens in our communities. If only we had a natural way to improve their overall health and wellbeing. This is where CBD comes in.
Basically, CBD works by interacting with the CB1 and CB2 receptors in our body’s Endocannabinoid System (ECS). As part of the ECS, these endocannabinoid receptors are found in all key bodily systems. Thus, allowing cannabidiol to provide a whole host of medical benefits. Keep reading to discover the 10 science-backed benefits of CBD for seniors.
10 health benefits of CBD for senior citizens:
- Chronic pain relief – Clinical studies show that cannabinoids can be remarkably effective in dealing with back pain, hip pain, arthritis, nerve pain, and other pain-related conditions.
- Bone health – According to studies, CBD can be used to support bone health. Multiple sclerosis patients are also benefiting from the use of CBD products.
- Antioxidant effect – CBD is an antioxidant that has been shown to strengthen cells in the human body and contribute to complete cell regeneration. In fact, cannabidiol has stronger antioxidant properties than Vitamin C!
- Parkinson’s – With neuroprotective properties, studies show that cannabinoids may act as a therapeutic way to deal with neurodegenerative disorders like Parkinson’s.
- Better sleep – Getting a sufficient amount of sleep is vital to our health. However, seniors can sometimes find it difficult to get their full 8 hours. Unfortunately, the elderly are often prescribed powerful sleeping pills. These pills work but often cause negative side effects and dependency issues. Used as a tool for lowering anxiety, CBD has been known to relax the mind and promote REM sleep.
- Rheumatoid arthritis – Affecting around 1.3 million people in the US alone, RA is a serious condition for seniors. This study demonstrates how CB1 agonism or antagonism can modulate arthritic disease.
- Natural alternative to prescription medications – Following on from the above point, we want to limit the number of unnatural drugs and medications we allow into our bodies. With an aging population, the number of individuals on prescription drugs is through the roof! This is a massive problem to our society, with some of the more ‘harsh’ prescription drugs being extremely dangerous for their users. CBD has been shown to show the same benefits without the side effects. Users are even using CBD as a solution to opiate withdrawal.
- Alzheimer’s – Hot off the press! Could CBD be used to treat Alzheimer’s in seniors? According to studies, cannabinoids can contribute to the elimination of a toxic protein related to Alzheimer’s. CBD also works to reduce inflammation and promote the regeneration of damaged cells.
- Dementia – In a similar vein to the above point, CBD could also work for Dementia patients!
- Promotes smooth skin – Topical CBD binds to receptors in the skin, called TRPV-1 receptors. By doing this, CBD can act as an effective anti-aging tool.
Prescribed drugs Vs. Cannabidiol for seniors
If you’re reading this, then the chances are that you’re on some medication. These medications work in relieving pain, insomnia, inflammation, and more! However, these medications can also cause enormous negative effects.
The rise of social media allowed people to share their CBD success stories on a worldwide level. In fact, you can read my story here. These anecdotal reports didn’t go unnoticed and triggered years of scientific research that finally gave us the concrete evidence we need. There’s a long way to go, but some specialized clinics have started using cannabidiol to help seniors improve their health conditions.
Oh, and if you’re wondering, CBD is non-psychoactive, meaning it won’t get you high or cause any sedative side effects.
What is the correct CBD dosage for senior citizens?
The correct CBD dosage for elderly individuals depends on the purity of the product and the unique individual needs. Most CBD companies have perfected the formula, so they offer their products in the appropriate dosage. For example, Endoca’s CBD capsules provide 10mg per capsule. We recommend starting with 10mg, then seeing if you reach your desired results.
When buying CBD products, you’ll want to buy from a brand you can trust. You can view our recommended products here. All products in that review have been lab-tested. We should mention that this article doesn’t constitute medical advice. Would you please speak to your medical professional before using cannabinoid products?
Which form of CBD is best for seniors?
There are many different ways to take CBD oil, but what is the best way for seniors to take CBD? At the end of the day, it all comes down to personal choice. You could even take a dual approach by using multiple CBD products simultaneously – which is exactly what I do. We recommended CBD topical products and CBD capsules for seniors. Here is a breakdown of each type:
Topicals are great for inflammation and sore joints, making them the ideal form of CBD for elderly individuals.
Capsules – With a consistent amount of cannabidiol in each capsule, this is my personal favorite way of administering CBD. I recommend CBD capsules for seniors and those who want to take CBD most simply.
CBD products are taking the medical and beauty worlds by storm, but what are the best CBD products for senior citizens? All products in this buyer’s guide come from reputable manufacturers that only use the very best cannabidiol. Without further ado, here are our recommended CBD products for the elderly:
The 3 Best CBD Products for Seniors – (Review & Guide)
This is one of the best CBD products for seniors who prefer to ingest their CBD rather than a topical cream. CBD capsules have been shown to stimulate our endocannabinoid system, helping regulate biological functions such as sleep, pain, and immune function. I personally use these capsules to get my daily dose of CBD. With a consistent 10mg of CBD in every capsule, this product allows accurate dosing and consistent results. I find these capsules act as a great foundation in managing my back pain. You can read our in-depth review here or click the button below to read full customer reviews.
Tip: Use code “mycbd20” for 20% off all orders.
This powerful hemp salve is amongst the best CBD products for seniors with arthritis. This product works as a fantastic hand cream to relieve joint pain and inflammation with a thicker and more concentrated solution. The nourishing hemp salve also contains other natural ingredients that provide anti-aging and moisturizing benefits. You can read our in-depth review here or click the button below to read full customer reviews.
Ingredients: CBD (cannabidiol), Coconut Oil, Beeswax, Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citral, Vanilla, Vitamin E.
Tip: Use code “mycbd20” for 20% off all orders.
This is the best CBD product for seniors that are suffering from widespread body pain. Receptra’s product carries an impressive 400mg of CBD per 1oz. I personally use this product over my whole body, making sure to be generous over my lower back area. The pain-relieving solution is also packed full of nourishing ingredients that are kind to the skin, making it one of the best pain-relief CBD products on the market.
Ingredients: Shea Butter, Shorea Butter, Coconut Oil, Mango Butter, Beeswax, Emulsifying Wax, Jojoba Oil Infused with Hemp Extract, Camphor, Vitamin E Oil, Arnica Oil, Jasmine, Ylang-Ylang.
This buyer’s guide is frequently updated with the latest and best CBD products for the elderly. The people most affected by severe health conditions are the senior citizens in our communities. Fortunately, CBD has shown that it can be beneficial to seniors. CBD works by interacting with the CB1 and CB2 receptors in our body’s Endocannabinoid System (ECS). As part of the ECS, these endocannabinoid receptors are found in all key bodily systems. Thus, allowing cannabidiol to provide a whole host of medical benefits.
How to find the best CBD products for seniors?
Thinking about using CBD products to improve your health as a senior? Then you should know that not all products are made the same. There are many factors at play. Let’s delve further.
Whether you want to use CBD for a specific condition or take advantage of the CBD oil health benefits, the quality indicators are basically the same. With that said, additional ingredients can make one CBD product better than another CBD product for specific conditions, like arthritis.
There are many reasons to experiment before deciding on the best CBD products for seniors. The cannabinoid compound is typically safe and comes with few side effects. However, with so many products on the market, it can be tricky to pick just one. When searching for the best CBD product for seniors, there are a few things to keep in mind:
Lab results – When looking for the best CBD product for seniors, you want a product that you can trust. As such, you want to purchase from a CBD company that publishes third-party laboratory results regularly. These results allow consumers to see that the product can be trusted and used confidently.
Ingredients – It’s paramount to check the label of all CBD products, especially if you’re allergic to specific ingredients. Some CBD products can contain trace levels of other ingredients, like THC.
Price – As with all products, you don’t want to be paying over the odds. With most CBD products already being rather expensive, you don’t want to be paying more than you should be. With that said, can you really put a price on a pain-free life? Some products are worth it.
Want to know more about how CBD can benefit senior citizens? Click here.
Should senior citizens use CBD? We believe so.
In conclusion, it’s safe to say that CBD has some health benefits for senior citizens. As the research develops, I’m sure we will learn even more about how CBD can benefit our elderly relatives. We always love to hear from you. Leave a comment below or reach out via one of our social channels.