Researchers have found out that CBD oil can work wonders to prevent a hormonal imbalance. It has so many amazing benefits regarding this and one can definitely use this product if they are suffering from a hormonal deficiency. CBD oil for hormonal imbalance can work on both genders, male and female. Doctors also suggested that it is a possible remedy for hormonal imbalance.
Physicians and medical practitioners have time and again alerted people about the effects of CBD Oil for Hormonal Imbalance. But many take notice only when problems like loss of appetite, chronic stress and diminished sex drive arise. It might be too late when you realize that the unevenness in your hormones is disrupting your health. And lately, CBD oil has been identified as one of the possible remedies to hormonal imbalance.
Symptoms of an imbalanced hormonal system
Before dwelling on the effectiveness of CBD oil to correct hormonal imbalance, let us look at the root causes or symptoms first. You can’t instantly detect whether your hormones are out of sync. However, there are manifestations that would indicate that your hormones are causing the changes in your physical and mental well-being.
Hormones are the chemical substances that principally control the functions of your internal organs. Thus, your hormones have a great influence on your organs as well as metabolism, energy, and fat retention.
Both genders suffer from hormonal imbalance. Hormones are what you may call the chemical messengers. They are potent enough to cause physical strain that could lead to mental anguish. Your endocrine glands produce them and maintain a balanced level to ensure your body performs normally.
- Fatigue –Tiredness is felt after a hard day’s work. You can easily recover with hours of rest and quality sleep. On the other hand, fatigue goes beyond tiredness. You need to have your hormone levels checked if you are constantly tired, demotivated, and lacking in energy. The fast-paced environment we live in contributes significantly to fatigue.
- Anxiety – Extreme stress triggers adrenal stimulation. According to neuroendocrinologists, anxiety stems from the production and release of cortisol and norepinephrine by the adrenal glands. Such case denotes a chemical imbalance in your brain. It’s alarming because fatigue and anxiety could lead to depression. Depressants are usually prescribed to people suffering from any of the three disorders.
- Weight loss or gain – Having a healthy and balanced diet is the often repeated advice to keep your hormone levels in check. If you have insatiable appetite and gains weight as fast as your food intake, there must be an imbalance. Inversely, people struggling to lose some pounds signify the same. The two instances are stressful and result in more cortisol being produced. Thus, you need to be mindful of your eating habits and extra cautious about your blood sugar level.
- Sleep disorder – A telltale sign of hormonal imbalance is insomnia or lack of sleep. It’s perfectly normal to experience momentary sleep disruption. But if it is sustained, it’s more likely that you have a hormonal Melatonin is the hormone associated with a person’s sleep-wake cycle. This so-called sleep chemical emanates from your brain’s pineal gland. Doctors prescribe melatonin supplements to patients suffering from sleep disorders. But there are side effects such as dizziness, headaches, and nausea reported in some cases.
- Changes in skin and hair texture – Your skin or hair might be losing freshness and vitality due to hormonal imbalance. Hair loss, thinning hair, and brittle nails are also symptoms of hormonal imbalance along with mineral deficiencies. The thyroid hormones are at play here. They work to regulate your body temperature and exert influence on the functions of the brain and digestive system. Again it has a lot to do with nutrients necessary to fill up the deficiencies.
CBD for correct hormone balance
Recent medical research and studies are emerging regarding the health-augmenting and therapeutic benefits of ‘cannabidiol’ or CBD. CBD oil is extracted from hemp which, along with marijuana, belongs to the cannabis genus. This compound is non-psychoactive with no ‘feel high’ effect. Thus, CBD oil is deemed safe for use. CBD is fast gaining popularity because of its numerous therapeutic benefits. Among them is correcting the hormonal imbalance. For all intents and purposes, it would be helpful to know the qualities of CBD oil and its ability to correct the imbalances in cortisol, insulin, and melatonin.
- Cortisol – It is a well-known medical fact that the production of cortisol or the “stress” hormone should be regulated. The endocrine system is chiefly responsible for keeping the cortisol level steady. Otherwise, anxiety, depression, and other negative feelings can escalate. CBD oil can regulate the cortisol level and prevent anxiety, depression, mood swings, and other negative feelings from escalating. Your stress level is kept at a minimum as CBD oil works to sustain your energy.
- Insulin – Your energy level is tied up with the regulation of insulin or the “blood sugar” hormone. Insulin takes care of balancing metabolism and transforming blood sugar or glucose into energy. When CBD interacts with the receptors in your pancreas, it reduces the inflammation of this vital organ to bring your insulin level to the acceptable benchmark. Henceforth, your cells can absorb more nutrients from your food intake.
- Melatonin – Lastly, CBC helps in stimulating the production of melatonin or the “sleep” hormone in the pineal gland. Many are using CBD oil just before bedtime. It relaxes the body and aids in achieving quality and uninterrupted sleep. There is no replacement for consistent, good night’s rest to rid oneself of anxiety and depression as well as combating fatigue.
There are actually more than 50 hormones that can be found circulating inside the human body. The article focused mainly on CBD’s effectiveness to regulate stress, blood sugar, and sleep hormones.
The balancing act
Remember it took decades before the image of cannabis or marijuana changed from notoriety to medical wonder. Today, there is overwhelming evidence that suggests CBD oil is not only for curing chronic pain.
The production and secretion of the major hormones whose levels are commonly impaired can now be regulated. Essentially, CBD oil lends a helping hand in improving the endocrine functions of the human body.
Since CBD is all-natural, you have a safer and better alternative to anti-depressants and other supplements. You can use it to defend against stress, end your sleep misery, and have more romantic interludes. Life is a balancing act and fortunately, there is CBD oil to balance our all-important bodily hormones.